The following construction notice was provided regarding the closure:
WHO: Residents / Commuters in the City of Monrovia.
WHAT: On Monday, January 13, 2014, the intersection of California Ave and Duarte Rd will be fully closed to thru-traffic to allow crews to complete the final construction activities at this location, as part of the 11.5-mile Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension light rail project.
this one-day closure, the grade crossing work at California Ave will be
complete, and both streets will fully re-open to thru-traffic in all
- Monday, January 13, 2014 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., weather permitting.
WHERE: Intersection of California Ave and Duarte Rd in the City of Monrovia.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- During the closure of the intersection, detour routes will be in place and signage will be posted to direct motorists.
- Following the closure, California Ave and Duarte Rd will both fully re-open to thru-traffic in all directions.
- Motorists are advised to expect delays.
- Surrounding businesses will remain open and accessible during the closure.
- Although no additional full closures of the intersection of California Ave and Duarte Rd are anticipated, work in the area will continue.
Construction schedules are subject to change for various reasons, including, but not limited to, weather conditions and unforeseen delays.
FOR MORE INFORMATION- Visit www.foothillextension.org