For Monrovia romantics who know their way around the kitchen, homemade Valentine's Day cookies are sure to warm your loved one’s heart. There are endless ways to express your affection with personalized frosting messages atop each cookie. Plus, this tasty treat won’t wilt like overpriced roses!
Rolled Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream shortening and sugar together.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat after each addition.
- Blend in cream or milk.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Add vanilla.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll out thin and cut the shapes with cookie cutters.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until edges are brown.