You’ve been warned to stay home and avoid the traffic jams resulting from the I-405 closure. So where can you go this weekend? Why not hang out with your pals and catch the Women’s World Cup at a local bar or restaurant right here in Monrovia? Here’s five suggestions on where to watch the game.
1) The (419 S Myrtle Avenue) opens at 11 a.m., and is a great place to go if you want to watch the World Cup while enjoying your pint with British pub favorites like fish n’ chips. They have happy hour every day and on Sunday you can take advantage of their drink specials, which will include $3 select drafts; $3 red, white, and blue shots; and $5 well drinks.
2) (115 E Olive Avenue) is also a great choice in downtown Monrovia. They will be open at 9 a.m. Their full sports bar boasts seven flat screen TVs and an impressive projector screen.
3) (601 S Myrtle Avenue) is another Old Town favorite where you can relax with a beer as you watch the World Cup on one of their seven TVs. On Sunday, they’ll be open at 11 a.m.
4) If you’re in the neighborhood of the shopping areas on Huntington Drive, you can catch the World Cup at (502 W Huntington Drive). They feature five TVs and will be open at 11 a.m.
5) If you’re in the mood to enjoy Mexican food while watching the World Cup, you can catch the game on one of six TVs at (600 W Huntington Drive). On Sunday, they’re open at 10 a.m.