Monrovia businesses basked in the limelight this week. One local company had its featured in the new movie Act of Valor, and Monrovia's district was featured in a national commercial. Read on for more:
- Huntington Drive tech firm Aerovironment's Raven spy drone played a prominent role in the , where it can be seen being launched and flown during a reconnaisance mission.
- The alt-rock band Neon Trees filmed a commercial for Buick, and it has started airing. Check it out here. A Jeep commercial was also filmed on Foothill last month.
- Monrovia-based charity has sent aid workers to Mali to respond to a refugee crisis.
- The city's business blog profiled new business Antiques on Fair Oaks, which recently moved to Monrovia from Pasadena
- The Gold Line has invited local small businesses to join the Foothill Extension project by becoming subcontractors.
- A new store on Huntington will have its grand opening on Saturday, Mar. 10, according to Monrovia Now.
- Monrovia lost out on the liquor front this week, as the Greenbar Distillery moved to Los Angeles.
- Children's Hospital Los Angeles opened up a shop that will sell children's eyewear in Monrovia called Children's Optical.
- Michelle's Upscale Resale Boutique moved to a location on Myrtle where used to be.