From the Monrovia Police Department:
Theft of packages is an easy crime to commit and can be perpetrated by even the least professional type of criminal. Below are some simple steps you can take to protect your package delivery:
- Request a specific drop off time when you know that you will be at home to receive the package.
- Ask for your parcel to be placed on a back porch or even beside the front porch or anywhere that is not visible from the street.
- Arrange to pick up your parcels at a package store, such as a UPS store that is convenient for you.
- Let a trustworthy neighbor know you are expecting a package delivery on a specific day and ask them to look out for it and bring it into their home for you.
- Have your package delivered to your work address during daytime hours.
- Know when a package is scheduled to arrive and if it doesn't, contact the sender to track the transport status of the package.
- And if you see mail theft happening in your neighborhood, be sure to call your local police at once to report exactly what you have seen. Time can be a decisive factor in the apprehension of mail thieves.