The Monrovia Police Department Wants You to Have a Safe and Happy Halloween Here are some tips to keep your children safe:
- Make sure your costume is easy to see. Light colors or reflective tape are good to use.
- Make sure that your costume is short enough so you won’t trip on it.
- Carry a flashlight so you can see and people can see you.
- Use make-up instead of a mask.
- Go with friends and/or parents. Don’t go out alone.
- Cross only at corners and never cross the street between parked cars.
- Walk only on well-lit streets and stay on the sidewalks.
- Wait until you get home to sort, check and eat your candy. Check all your treats and throw away things that are not wrapped.