The California Office of Traffic Safety awarded the Monrovia Police Department nearly $55,000 in grant funds for programs designed to combat drunk driving, the department announced Tuesday.
The department said the money will be spent on the following measures:
- Specialized DUI and drugged driving training such as Standardized Field Sobriety
- Testing (SPST), Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE), and Drug Recognition Evaluator (DRE).
- DUI Saturation Patrols
- Distracted driving enforcement
- Seat belt and child safety seat enforcement
- Speed, red light and Stop Si gn enforcement
- Warrant service operations targeting multiple DUI offenders
- Compilation of DUI “Hot Sheets,” identifying Worst-of-theWorst DUI offenders