Basil Thai Owner's Face Burned in Fire

Firefighters say he was trying to extinguish a stove fire.

The owner of Basil Thai Cooking suffered minor facial burns while attempting to extinguish a stove fire Friday. Arcadia Fire Department Battalion Chief Kevin Valentine said the man declined transport to a hospital.

The fire broke out at 11:31 a.m.

By the time units from the Arcadia and Monrovia fire departments arrived, the fire had spread from the hood and duct system above the stove to the roof of the multi-story building.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the flames and cleared the scene.

Valentine said grease built up in the duct system likely contributed to the fire's rapid spread. The restaurant will remained closed until the duct system is cleaned, he said.

Freddi Lindsey November 04, 2012 at 04:26 AM
Wonderful food, wonderful people.
Therese B. November 05, 2012 at 05:00 AM
Such a wonderful man!! Wishing you a fast recovery...our prayers are with you and your wife too. Hope you're back in business soon!!!
Dana Marie November 05, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Wishing him a speed recovery. A wonderful family owned business and great food. Hope to see you back to business soon
Myke GW November 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Oh no~! We love Basil Thai and poky and Nina and their dear son. What a wonderful family and amazing restaurant! The best thai food! I am so sorry to hear this. We will be in soon to pay a visit. Take care you guys - Todd and Scott's family
T Simon December 29, 2012 at 07:23 PM
Another sad incident that could have been worse. I wish him the speediest of recoveries and continued success. Great restaurant. Wonderful person.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »