Duarte will begin accepting applications in October to fill 16 positions on its six commissions.
The expiration of terms for current commissioners is as of Dec. 31. Duarte citizens interested in serving on a commission will have until Nov. 21 to apply. Applications must be received by the City Manager’s Office at Duarte City Hall, 1600 Huntington Dr., by 6 p.m.
Application forms will be available at City Hall, Public Safety, the Duarte Teen and Senior Center or on the City’s websites: www.accessduarte.com.
City Council members will interview applicants beginning at 4 p.m. on Dec. 2 and Dec. 3. Appointments will be announced at the City Council meeting on Dec. 10 and the new commissioners will formally take their oath of office at the first meeting in January, 2014.
Six Commissions offer interested citizens a variety of opportunities to serve their community in an advisory capacity to the City Council.
- Planning Commission (3)
- Traffic Safety Commission (3)
- Public Services Commission (2)
- Public Safety Commission (3 total: 1 resident appointment for a 2-year term, 1 business owner/operator that is nominated/recommended by the Chamber of Commerce, and 1 County appointment)
- Parks and Recreation Commission (2 total: 1 resident, and 1 senior citizen)
- Economic Development Commission (3 total: 2 residents, and 1 business owner/operator not required to be nominated by the Chamber of Commerce).
With the exception of the Public Safety
Commission resident vacancy, all terms will expire December 31, 2017.
For more information about how to apply for a commission post or
commissions in general, call the Duarte City Manager’s office at (626)
357-7931, ext. 221.