The Gold Line Construction Authority held a public meething this week at Greater Ambassador church to provide details about the rail maintenance facility that will be built in Monrovia as part of the Foothill Extension to Azusa.
Here are details about the facility outlined by Monrovia City Manager Laurie Lile:
- M&O Facility will serve existing Gold Line (Phase I and Eastside Extension) in addition to Foothill Extension
- M&O Facility will be located on a ~24 acre lot in Monrovia, bounded by East Evergreen Ave. (north); Duarte Rd. (south); California Ave. (west); and Shamrock Ave. (east)
- Facility will house up to 85 light rail vehicles at a time
- Light Rail Vehicles at the facility will be provided service and inspection, heavy repairs, blow- down, body repairs, painting, storage, cleaning, and washing
- Extensive landscaping and trees will be planted throughout property and exterior.
- All tight curves within the yard will be lubricated to reduce wheel squeal.
- Carwash will fully enclose the blowers to reduce noise.
- Most of the activities during the late night hours are within the enclosed areas of the facility.
- Metro is responsible for the frequency of testing procedures for speakers and alarm systems within the facility.
- The Construction Authority will be installing state-of-the-art safety equipment with and around the yard.
- Currently, there are no plans for any rezoning in the area.
- 85% of the Design will be submitted to the City by 7/2012
- 100% of the Design will be submitted to the City by 10/2012
- The I-210 Bridge is schedule to be completed December 2012
- Pre-Construction Activities and Design of the Yard and station will take most of 2012
- Construction of the Yard and the line will start late 2012