From the Gold Line Construction Authority:
Crews will be constructing the grade crossing improvements at Highland Avenue where it meets with Duarte Road as part of the 11.5-mile Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension light rail project. This work requires a full closure of Highland Avenue at Duarte Road for four weeks.
The closure is scheduled to begin on Monday, February 4, 2013 and continue until Monday, March 4, 2013, for 24-hours per day, 7 days per week. Construction work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
Note: Possible Sunday and night work may be needed to complete this work.
- Highland Avenue will be fully closed at the railroad crossing where it meets with Duarte Road for approximately 4 weeks.
- The sidewalk will be closed for the duration of this work.
- A detour route will be in place during this closure. Detour signs will be posted to direct motorists, pedestrians and bicyclists. (see detour map).
- Several Duarte Transit, Foothill Transit and Metro bus routes may be altered during this closure.
- Local residences and businesses can be accessed using the detour route.
- Motorists are advised to expect delays and use alternate routes.
NOTE TO RESIDENTS / BUSINESS OWNERS:
- Noise from construction equipment will be produced near the active work zones.
- Watering equipment will be used to control dust.