From the city of Monrovia's website:
If you are looking for a second career or wishing you could do more for Monrovia -- Now is your chance!
If you are retired, work part-time or not at all, or are looking for experience in a new field, the City of Monrovia has an opportunity for you. The City is looking for volunteers willing and able to join City staff in serving the community. If you have good clerical, computer and/or people skills, are interested in teaching or working with families and children, or if you have special or professional skills -- give us a call!
Volunteers will receive training and work alongside City staff. Examples of opportunities available in all City departments include:
- Community Development Code Enforcement and Neighbor-to-Neighbor Mediation
- Finance and Human Resources research and office-related projects
- Fire Department brush clearance and hillside monitoring
- Library mending and shelving books; assisting patrons
- Literacy Center Tutor
- Police Department clerical, receptionist, Citizens Patrol (must be 50 or over)
- Public Works clerical and general data input; Producer for programs to be aired on cable television; Disability Compliance Resource Person; Outdoor education programs at Canyon Park;Trail maintenance and construction, and general park maintenance
- Recreation special events and senior programs
- Office related assistance
- Coach and referee
For more information or an application, call the City's Job Line at (626) 932-5592, ext. 2701
Join the City of Monrovia Volunteers and work for a better today -- and tomorrow!
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: City applications must be completed, dated, signed and returned to:
City of Monrovia
Human Resources Department
415 S. Ivy Avenue
Monrovia, CA 91016
SELECTION PROCESS: A reference check, drug screen, fingerprint and background check will be conducted prior to appointment.
The City of Monrovia does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, martial status or disability status in its employment actions, decisions, policies and practices.
NOTE: The information contained in this bulletin does not constitute an expressed or an implied contract. The provisions contained in this bulletin are subject to change without notice.