More than 99 percent of the restaurants in Monrovia passed the most recent Los Angeles County Department of Public Health's food inspections, earning an "A" grade from the agency.
One local spot didn't measure up, however.
Los Victor's Mexican Restaurant on East Foothill Boulevard received a "B" grade from the health department, the only place in town to do so, according to online records. No other restaurants received a grade worse than a "B," according to county data.
The LACDPH reports that Los Victor's had the following violations during an inspection on July 20, 2012:
- Holding of raw shell eggs
- Improperly covered/labeled/elevated dispenser - disrepair/unapproved supplies/missing/empty
- Non-food contact surfaces - not clean (minor)
- Deterioration/Unapproved materials
- Sink and fixtures/supply line - leaking/not clean/disrepair
Los Victor's had received an "A" on three previous inspections before the July one, according to the health department.