There are now a total of 11 bins throughout the city where residents can dump their green waste caused by heavy winds last week. They are:
- 800 E. Foothill Bl. on the south side
- 204 W. Foothill Bl. on the east side
- 100 N. Shamrock Bl. at Foothill on the east side
- 1600 S. California Ave., at the east side, just south of freeway
- 1800 block of Peck Road, on the west side of
- , 600 Block S Shamrock Ave.
- Grand Avenue Park, Grand Ave.
- Rotary Park, Lemon Ave @ Canyon Bl.
- , Primrose Ave between Palm & Lime Avenues.
- Olive Avenue Park, South side of Olive Ave. @ Mayflower Ave.
- Julian Fisher Park, Almond Ave between Canyon Bl. & California Ave.
The city stresses that palm fronds should never be placed in the green waste bins because they clog up the wood chippers. Residents should instead gather them up in their driveway and call Athens for a "Bulky Item Pickup" at 626-336-3636.