1. Monrovia City Hall will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday in observance of New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.
2. Need help making and keeping your new year’s resolutions for 2014? Here’s a link to a government website that lists popular resolutions and the government agencies that can help. Not surprisingly losing weight is first on the list, and the National Institutes of Health have a plan for you.
3. Old Town Monrovia will host the third annual New Year's Eve on Myrtle Avenue. Click here for the details.
4. Distracted driving is dangerous, especially if you’re a new driver. Starting Wednesday, California drivers under the age of 18 are prohibited from using a wireless device while driving, even if it is equipped with a hands-free option.
5. The Los Angeles Metro is offering free rides on buses and trains on New Year’s Eve. You can ride free from 9 p.m. until 2 a.m. New Year’s Day.